One of the most frequently asked questions we get in our private facebook group is "How do I export from Lightroom to web, for print, to facebook, etc". We're excited to share this awesome exporting PDF with you. We hope it will be an awesome resource for you as you export from Lightroom. You can right-click on the image and save or you can click on the button and it will instantly download to your computer for you. Enjoy!
When exporting, you will be asked to choose where you would like your imaged to be exported and stored to.
You can rename the file to an event, session or shoot name. You can also title it for the name of the client or export type (facebook, print, web).
- File format: choose between TIF, JPG, PSD, or original file type. I choose JPG for this.
- Color space: if you are printing at an online lab or a brick-and-mortar lab, you need to change this to sRGB. If you are printing at home, check with your printer's manual and choose the color space it specifies.
- Quality: Please put it at 100 and don't move it. You want this at 100% for the best possible quality for your image and for your clients, too!
Exporting for Print: When exporting for print, you want the resolution to be at 240 or 300. I wouldn't recommend changing the size here, rather use the crop tool in the Develop panel for that.
Exporting for Web: When exporting for the internet, you want to reduce the resolution down to 72. You can also reduce the width and height of the images to fit certain parameters. For instance if your blog only allows 900 pixels wide, you set that as your long edge.
Exporting for Facebook: The largest you can go is 2048 pixels wide or high. If your images are larger than that, Facebook will "scrunch" them down, which leads to not-so-great looking images.
Have more questions? We've got answers. Click on the button below!
- Can I add multiple presets or layer my Pretty Presets?
- What settings do I use to export files from Lightroom to give to my client or for printing at my print lab?
- Can I erase the preset effect from certain areas of my photo or reduce the opacity of a preset?
- I am getting a new computer. How to I get my presets over to the lovely new machine?
- I am just getting started with Lightroom and Presets. Are there any resources to help get me started?
- I have seen people layering the Luminous Collection Presets. Can you tell me how this is done?
- I am going to upgrade my Lightroom to Lightroom 6. Will my Pretty Presets transfer over?
- I am scared to upgrade to Lightroom 6. What should I do?
- Is there a way to tone down a preset? I like the look of the preset, I just want a little less
- I am looking to purchase my first Pretty Presets. What should I get?
- What settings should I use to export photos from Lightroom if I want to post them on Facebook/blog/anywhere on the web?
One-click edit from the Summer Limited Edition Collection
View more from the Summer Limited Edition Collection here! Or, click on the button below.