We are looking for guest bloggers and featured contributors who can write original, creative, and high quality blog articles for Pretty Presets, Pretty Actions, and Pretty Forum. We are looking for writers who possess the following qualities:
- Must be passionate about photography.
- Must be willing to bring their best efforts to their writing.
- Must be willing to promote their guest posts to their fans and followers on Facebook, Twitter, and/or other social media outlets.
- Your article should provide readers with useful, informative, relative, and unique content specific to the photography industry.
- All blog posts must be written in English, with proper spelling and grammar usage.
- Content must be original, and not published on any another site, including your own blog. Republished posts will not be considered.
- By providing us the article/tutorial, you grant Pretty, LLC permission to edit your post, and use at our discretion (you will always retain copyright, and receive credit for the contents of the material provided).
- Articles should contain between 800 and 2000 words and include a title.
- Article should have short paragraphs and content should be presented in a reader‐ friendly format (i.e. use bullets, headings, etc.)
- Please include a photo of yourself, and a short bio, so our readers can get to know you better.
- No promotional or affiliate links will be accepted.
- Please include links to your website, blog, and Facebook pages, so we may include the links with your article.
- Please do not send your article in PDF format.
- We do not guarantee the publishing of any article. We will review all submissions and publish articles appropriate for our audience.
- Articles must include at least one photo. Additional images that help to illustrate the subject matter are encouraged. Please size images at 2048 pixels wide.
- Submitted images must be either taken by you or images that you have specific approval to use.
- You may watermark your photos if you prefer.
- By submitting photos, you agree to allow Pretty, LLC the right to publish the images on our blog, Facebook Page, and in our newsletter and affirm that you have permission to use them.
Here are just a few ideas for articles we are currently looking for. This is by no means an exhaustive list, and we welcome any photography related topic that you specialize in and/or would like to talk about:
- Camera tips and techniques
- Photo Editing
- Photography Tutorials
- Starting your own business
- Photographing children
- Photographing couples
- Photographing newborns
- Wedding photography
- Using cards and templates
- Studio lighting
- Utilizing Backgrounds
- Using props
- Finding unique locations
- Gear Reviews
An invitation may be extended to you to become a regular/featured contributor. This invitation will only be extended after you have submitted at least 3 guest posts. To be a featured contributor, you must agree to submit at least one post every two months.
What’s in it for You:
- Your guest blog post will feature your name, a short bio, a profile image and links to your website, blog, Facebook, and Twitter pages. We have an audience of over 250k photographers and hobbyists from around the world. This will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to increase your social media exposure and improve your website’s SEO rankings.
- Your blog posts will be promoted on the respective Pretty Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Selected articles may also be included in our email blasts to 200,000+ photographer enthusiasts.
- Being published can help to establish you as an expert in the photography industry.
- Being a guest contributor on Pretty can provide exposure to a new audience which may in turn expand your own blog audience and Facebook fanbase.