Welcome to Pretty Presets for Lightroom! We have the best Lightroom preset install video and written tutorial below as well as the #1 Lightroom Preset Community. These basic instructions will teach you How to Install Lightroom Presets into Adobe Lightroom in just 2-3 minutes. We'll have you using your wonderful presets in no time!
How to Install Your Lightroom Presets from Pretty Presets:
1. On a PC, go into Lightroom and click on Edit at the top (next to File), then click on Preferences. On a Mac, click on the Lightroom tab (to the left of File), then click on Preferences.
2. There will be a new screen that pulls up and there will be several tabs at the top, click on Presets (the second tab).
3. Click on the box titled, Show Lightroom Presets Folder.
4. Double click on Lightroom.
5. Next double click on Develop Presets Folder.
6. Copy the contents of the Pretty Presets Folder, found in your download, into the “Develop Presets” folder.
7. You're done! If Lightroom was open when you copied the Pretty Presets, you will have to close it and restart it.
How to Install Presets in Lightroom CC App
Here are quick instructions for installing your Pretty Presets for Lightroom in Lightroom CC App. It's as easy as copying, pasting, restarting. You can also find a quick video tutorial on how to upload your presets to Lightroom CC here.
1. Open the Lightroom CC app on your desktop. The app will look like this!
2. Click on the Editing section of the app. It is designated with three horizontal lines with a circle on each line.
3. Open the Presets section. You'll do this by clicking on the Presets bar at the bottom of the Editing section.
4 Click on the three dots at the top of the Presets panel that opens. Choose "Open Presets Folder".
5. The Develop Presets folder that opens is where you want to paste any presets you want to load into Lightroom CC. Navigate to where you have your Pretty Presets stored on your computer. Highlight and copy the folders you want to load into Lightroom CC. Paste them into the Develop Presets folder that opened.
6. Close Lightroom and reopen it. The presets you loaded will now appear when you click on the Presets bar at the bottom of the Edit Panel.
Lightroom Presets Troubleshooting Guide - possible issues and their solutions!
Preset Download Issues:
- If the download isn't working, try a different internet browser.
- Do NOT choose to “open” the file after download. Just hit save, then close that dialogue box. Then go open your Windows Explorer window and locate the zip file, which is most likely in your Downloads folder. Extract the file according to instructions in video tutorial or cheat sheet below.
- Can't Unzip? If on a PC right clicking does not offer “extract files”, then you may need to download an external program to unzip. We recommend trying WinRar, a free unzipping program.
- Still having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com for further assistance
Presets Not Showing Up in Lightroom
- Try shutting down Lightroom and then restart it.
- If the preset collection name shows in Lightroom but not the individual presets, click the triangle to the left of the collection name and the templates will drop down.
- Make sure the folder you copied into the Develop Presets folder actually holds the presets and not another folder.
- Make sure you copied the right presets into the right folder.
- Do NOT check “Store Presets With Catalog.” This setting is found to the left of "Show Lightroom Presets Folder" in your Preferences menu. If you have multiple catalogs, your presets will not show up in additional ones.
- Make sure that you EXTRACTED the zip file. If you merely double clicked on the folder (on a PC), you will get access to the presets, but those will NOT be extracted files and will NOT copy/paste correctly and will NOT show up in your Lightroom.
Lightroom Preset Installation Cheat Sheet
If you would like a physical copy of our preset install instructions, just click the "download here" button below and print.
Tutorial Video: How to Install Presets in Lightroom on a MAC and PC
More Helpful links to get you started:
- Looking for help installing brushes in Lightroom?
- Looking for our top Lightroom Presets?
- New to Pretty Presets? Start Here!
Be sure to come join our Pretty Presets group on Facebook for access to 10 mentors and over 55,000 members that love to encourage and help you with Lightroom and Pretty Presets. See you there!
We love our community and are a trusted resource to over 250,000 photographers from over 100+ countries. Pretty Presets has been in business for 8+ years now, and we look forward to serving you. Let us know how we can help!