Welcome to Pretty Presets for Lightroom! We have the best Lightroom preset install video and tutorial below. These basic instructions for uploading your Lightroom presets into Adobe Lightroom take just 2-3 minutes. We've also provided written instructions on installing Lightroom presets—just hit the big, pink button below. The video tutorial covers installing Lightroom presets on a PC and Mac. We'll have you using your wonderful Lightroom presets in no time!
Need Instructions for Installing Lightroom Presets?
More Helpful links to get you started:
- Looking for help installing brushes in Lightroom?
- Looking for our top Lightroom Presets?
- New to Pretty Presets? Start Here!
Be sure to come join our private Pretty Presets community, too! We love to help and encourage you in Lightroom and with your new Pretty Presets. See you there!
How to Install Your Lightroom Presets:
1. Go into Lightroom and click on Edit at the top (next to File) on a PC or Lightroom then Preferences on a Mac.
2. Go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. There will be a new screen that pulls up. There will be six tabs at the top, click on Presets (second tab).
4. Click on the box titled, Show Lightroom Presets Folder.
5. Double click on Lightroom.
6. Next double click on Develop Presets Folder.
7. Copy the contents of the Pretty Presets Folder, found in your download, into the “Develop Presets” folder.
8. You are done! If Lightroom was open when you copied the Pretty Presets, you will have to close it and restart it.
Having issues installing? Here are some possible issues that could arise!
Try these tips if you are having trouble downloading your presets.
- If the download isn't working, try a different internet browser.
- Do NOT choose to “open” the file after download. Just hit save, then close that dialogue box. Then go open your Windows Explorer window and locate the zip file, which is most likely in your Downloads folder. Extract the file according to instructions on share above.
- Can't Unzip? If on a PC right clicking does not offer “extract files”, then you may need to download an external program to unzip. We recommend trying WinRar, a free unzipping program.
- Still having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com
PRESETS NOT SHOWING UP
- Try shutting down your Lightroom and restart.
- If the preset collection name shows in Lightroom but not the individual presets, click the triangle to the left of the collection name and the templates will drop down.
- Make sure the folder you copied into the Develop Presets folder actually holds the presets and not another folder.
- Make sure you copied the right presets into the right folder.
- Do NOT check “Store Presets With Catalog.” This setting is found to the left of "Show Lightroom Presets Folder" in your Preferences menu. If you have multiple catalogs, your presets will not show up in additional ones.
- Make sure that you EXTRACTED the zip file. If you merely double clicked on the folder (on a PC), you will get access to the presets, but those will NOT be extracted files and will NOT copy/paste correctly and will NOT show up in your Lightroom.