Simple Tips For Editing a Specialized Session
- For all my sessions, I always try to do a lot of research before hand. I find that doing this makes the sessions go a lot smoother. And, the poses and theme decor come together more naturally.
- Another must for me is to keep in contact with your client about all the ideas for the session.
- I always communicate with my clients a week before the session, so they are aware of my thoughts and to listen to their ideas, too.
- For the Moana first birthday session, I followed all the steps above. I have never seen the movie, so I looked on Google, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for inspiration.
- As far as settings go on the camera, I always keep my shutter speed around 1/320-1/400 for baby and toddler photos. Babies and toddlers love to be on the move, so I find that this shutter speed seems to keep everything in focus in almost every shot. I try to keep my ISO below or at 800. Most of the shots taken by the water were set at ISO 1000.
- The images from the Moana birthday session were edited with the Lotus preset from the Enchanted Garden Collection. This preset always brings out bright colors and enhances that pretty glow from the sun. Another preset that I used throughout the session was Peacock which is also in the Enchanted Garden Collection. Peacock always brightens up the image and brings out the bright colors.
- The entire session was shot with the 50mm lens and Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless body.
Hey there! My name is Megan Bowling and I am the owner/photographer at Pop of Color Images in San Antonio, TX. I shoot with a Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless body and my go to lens is my 50mm 1.8 lens. My photography journey started 3 years ago when I bought my first camera. I had some experience with photography before I started my journey because of a beginners photography course that I took in college. When I started my business 3 years ago I never knew it would grow as much as it did and over those years I started to see what I was best at capturing. Baby photos! The smiles, laughs, tears, and funny faces are what I love the most. Website | Facebook