Before I even begin...
I want to encourage you to get a professional picture of yourself for your business and another of your family. We had our first family pictures, after seven years of marriage and kids, just last year. We have now had two years of family pictures and it has been such a blessing! Trade with another photographer or encourage another photographer with scheduling a session with them. I can't put a value on our pictures, they really are priceless. Special thanks to Angela from Timeless Photography for being an amazing photographer and friend! If you missed my bio, then you can read more here about how I got started here.
1. I enjoy saving money, when possible.
Here are some of my favorite sites to save money:
1. Retail Me Not - I love checking this site out before I checkout anywhere. There are coupons for almost every online store that you can think of. It is a fantastic way to save money or enjoy free shipping.
2. Groupon - I love to save money by ordering gifts, canvases and even local getaways from groupon. It's a fantastic way to save extra money if you don't need a gift instantly.
3. Photo Deal Cafe - Amazing deals for photographers! Typically 50-75% savings at any given time. There are usually 1-2 deals that run each week. Hope you enjoy!
2. I love to eat clean.
Gluten-Free is the way for me! This year I've really made an effort to eat as clean as possible. My family and I have both noticed a significant change in our overall health from simply staying away from gluten and dairy products. I currently try to share it with everyone I know and care about. You are one of those people. I think it's so important to know what you're putting in your body and how it directly affects how you feel. I used to get so tired mid-afternoon, now I don't have that issue. I have energy all day long and I wouldn't trade all the gluten in the world. I'm going to share some of my favorite sites, products and books if you'd like to look into it yourself. These are some of our favorites!
1. Genetic Engineering and the Secret Changes In Your Food - This book has been a huge help to many families, including ours. I've sent this book out to my family to encourage them to make some changes. You can get a used copy for under $10 if you want. I highly recommend this book.
2. My new favorite website can be found here: http://draxe.com/. I love all the information that's shared from recipes, natural remedies and more!
2. The Fresh 20 - This is a fantastic meal planning website that I use and love. It has something for everyone here. I have loved it and think you will, too.
3. Coconut Oil - I include a teaspoon of coconut oil into each of my protein shakes each day. I cook with it, too. I highly recommend picking up some and trying it out. Check out 101 ways you can use it and benefit here.
3. Working out is necessary for me. Also, I love chocolate and coffee.
My Dad tried to teach me early in life that it was important to have a balance in life (mental, physical and spiritual). It's so true! My husband, who works out 2-3 hours a day, has reinforced that for the past 10 years as well. We both enjoy going to the gym. I go in the morning before the day gets away from me or before I think of an excuse. It's so fun to check that off the list early in the day. Also, you'll enjoy the energy you have doing it early in the day. Truly, you are ready to conquer anything. I would like to share a couple of my favorite sites with you that have helped and encouraged me.
1.WorkoutPlanz - I was fortunate enough to train with the woman behind this site. She is an encourager. She is strong and loves to help others with their weight-loss goals. She has helped my sister-in-law (the gal in the middle) lose 40lbs and I've watch her help so many others. She has just had her 4th baby and is currently sharing her progress each week. I highly recommend her page to you, whether or not you're interested in weight-loss. She is a fun gal to follow! You can find her on facebook, too.
2. My Fitness Pal - I love to keep track of calories and this is a great way to do it. I sometimes take a break from doing it, but often times find I do a better job of working out and eating right when I track them here. They also have an app for your phone! Accountability is so necessary for me and this is a great way to stay accountable.
3. Pinterest - Yes, really. I love finding workout routines on Pinterest and have a blast doing them in my home office when I find my arms are feeling a bit flabby. It's fun and you feel good. Check out our board here. I'll do a better job of repinning these items for you as I find more. I love the ones with pictures. :)
PS. I love German chocolate and coffee sometimes, too. I don't have links for those though yet. The coffee we purchase is from El Salvador and is currently helping a very special cause. It's organic coffee with the best flavor. Enjoy!
4. I am passionate about seeing others succeed and reaching out to kids around the world.
If I wasn't operating Pretty Presets, what would I do? I would just love the opportunity to encourage more entrepreneurs. I want to see every entrepreneur succeed. There is something amazing about owning your own business, having your own schedule and being available for your family. It is truly priceless. If you are new to owning your photography business, please click here. We have some great blog posts to encourage you! Check out this post about going from part-time to a full-time photographer, too.
Our family has chosen to help kids through World Vision and Compassion International. I thought we were giving to them, when truly we have been given so much through this process. The kids write to us, share about what is going on in their lives and it has given our kids the opportunity to learn so much more than a $35 toy ever would. If you don't know what to give someone this year, you can give gifts through either outreach. It's hard to give a better gift then the gift of food, education and health to these children.
5. What's most important: My faith, my family and my friends.
Relationships are so important. This is something I've learned as I've grown older and within my business, too. I have the opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry, and I wouldn't be where I am today, without them. I encourage you to find other photographers who you can work with and find ways to encourage each other. I know in my state there is a group of 500+ photographers that work together to help and encourage one another. I hope you can find a similar group for your area.
I'm so thankful for you and the opportunity to work with you each day. It's an amazing gift to be a part of this community and to be surrounded by such talented people. My goal here is to help and encourage you. Please don't ever hesitate to let me know what I can do to make your job easier. Thank you.
PS. If you haven't downloaded our gift guide, please do! It is 15 pages long, has 10 freebies that instantly download to your computer when you click on them. Plus, we have great camera and lens recommendations for you as well. We've had over 10,000 downloads already and would think it's a fun download that you'll enjoy.