*This product works with: LR4-5
Step back in time with the Retro Rock-n-Roll Portrait Collection from Pretty Presets! Give your photos that fabulous Retro feel with unique presets ranging from velvety split-tones, to cross-process color pop, and beautiful film-inspired B&W conversions.
This NEWLY expanded and updated set includes a total of 21 Presets, including 14 Original Presets + 7 Bonus Versions. These presets are perfect for any style of natural light portrait photography, and will work beautifully on children, family, boudoir, engagement and wedding sessions. These works best in Lightroom 4 on RAW images.
Included: 1969 Vogue, Angelic B&W, Aquarius V1, Aquarius V2, Blue Suede V1, Blue Suede V2, Citrus Punch V1, Citrus Punch V2, Film Noir Cocoa, Film Noir Coca + Grain, Film Noir, Film Noir + Grain, Flower Power, Grapevine, Old School, Platinum B&W, Retro Rock V1, Retro Rock V2, Retro X Process V1, Retro X Process V2 and Ruby Tuesday.
Special thanks to the talented Brooke from Brooke Logue Photography for generously allowing us to use her pictures for our preset examples.
**We also have this collection available for JPEG in Lightroom 4. Click here to view the JPEG Lightroom 4 Collection.**
"LOVE the Retro Rock N Roll Collection! Used the Aquarius preset and love how it came out!!!!!!" - Ashley
"Love "1969 Vogue" from the Rock-N-Roll Collection!! This set of presets work GREAT on wedding photography!!" - Lisa Bish
"Did you make this collection just for me? These have saved me so much time while editing. I can't thank you enough for this set. My favorites are "Aquarius" and "1969 Vogue". Thank you!" - Susan
"Love the vintage dreamy feel they give to my images!" - Michaela
"These have been perfect for my seniors this year. Thanks for creating another creative set Pretty Presets". - Lanie
"I love the vintage effect that you get without it being totally over done. It's an amazing set" - Amanda
"I love the look the Retro Rock-n-Roll gives. They have an awesome matte effect to them, too. It's easy to use these on any session and I look forward to the next set you release." - Sarah
"My go to collection for all my boudoir images!" - Brandi
"I hit the jackpot when I came across pretty presets!" - Sarah
"I just purchased the Retro Rock-n-Roll Portrait Collection with the bonus. I am in love. Thank you for all that you do to help us out. I find one that i love and feel I have to do it to all my photos. Sometimes I get overwhelmed because I love these presets." - Jodi
"All Pretty Presets are amazing and are so easy to use and customize! The retro rock has awesome tones!!" - Beth
How to Install Presets in Lightroom 2, 3 and 4
- Click the link to download your preset packet (page will open up after purchase and/or you will be sent an email with a link to follow to download).
- Choose a location on your hard drive to SAVE the zip file. You need to be able to access the location again, so make sure you know the file path to the folder.
- After download is complete, go to the zip file (if your download window is open you can right click and choose 'open containing folder').
- Right click (or double click on a Mac) on the file and choose 'Extract All Files.' If this option does not open the file see "Possible Speed Bumps" on page two.
- Click on the folder that holds the set of presets and press 'control' and 'c' ('command' and 'c' on a Mac) to copy the folder.
- Open your Lightroom program.
- PC users— go Edit in the top menu, then to Preferences. Mac users - click on Lightroom word (top-left corner of screen), then to Preferences.
- In the Preferences menu, click on the Presets tab, then click on "Show Lightroom Presets Folder" button.
- When your Windows Explorer or Mac Finder opens up, double click on the Develop Presets folder.
- Press 'control' and 'v' (‘command' and 'v' on a Mac) to paste in the preset folder.
- Restart your Lightroom program and the presets will now show up under the Preset panel in the Develop module.
How do I install my presets?
We have a whole page just to help you with installing your presets. You can view it here. We also have links to videos here as well. If you would like to view the videos on installing presets on a PC or installing presets on a MAC you can click the links as well.
How do I know if I shoot RAW or jpeg images?
We have a great tutorial about this here. It shares how RAW and jpeg are different and what they offer you. Most people are shooting jpeg unless they are going into their camera to manually select RAW. Read more here about Raw vs jpeg!
Do you suggest RAW presets on jpeg pictures? Or jpeg presets on RAW pictures?
While many Photographers do this, we recommend that you stick with the correct presets for the file type you are editing. This really just makes your job easier! If you do choose to purchase a RAW set for a jpeg picture then please know that there may be tweaking involved. This is done often enough that we’ve made a video about customizing your presets. You can view that video here.
Are all of your downloads instant? Do I receive anything in the mail?
Yes, all of our downloads are instant. As soon as you purchase the products they will be sent to your paypal email address. You can download them and start using them right away! There is no wait on any of our products. They will not come in the mail.
You may only use these products for personal or professional use. This license extends to the single, individual purchaser. This license does not extend to companies or partner- ships and may not be resold, loaned, and/or gifted to another individual and/or party. You may not share, loan or redistribute/sell or copy any of these files in any way. All presets by Pretty Presets are copyright protected.