Very basic instructions for uploading presets from within Lightroom. If you would like to download screen prints with instructions on how to download lightroom presets then please click here. You can also watch a video on how to upload them to a PC or a MAC below.
1. Go into Lightroom and click on Edit at the top (next to File).
2. Go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. There will be a new screen that pulls up. There will be six tabs at the top, click on Presets (second tab).
4. Click on the box titled, Show Lightroom Presets Folder.
5. Double click on Lightroom.
6. Next double click on Develop Presets.
7. Copy the contents of the Pretty Presets Folder, found in your download, into the “Develop Presets” folder.
8. You are done! If Lightroom was open when you copied the Pretty Presets, you will have to close it and restart it.
How to install Presets on a PC:
How to install Presets on a Mac:
Top 5 Mistakes Made While Installing:
Additional Instructions for Lightroom
Step 1 – Open Adobe Lightroom. Usually when Adobe Lightroom is installed on any computer it provides a shortcut on your desktop which is one of the quicker ways of opening the program.
Step 2- Select the “Develop” drop-down menu and then select “New preset folder.” Make sure you select the folder option because selecting the “New preset” option is another task unrelated to loading presets.
Step 3- Name the new folder whatever you would like. If you have a few black and white presets, you may want to name the new folder something that represents those preset functions so you can keep everything organized.
Step 4- Use the “Navigator menu” on the left side of the Lightroom screen and scroll down until you see the preset folder you just created.
Step 5- Right-click on your new preset folder and select “Import.”
Step 6- Go to the folder where your presets are saved using the pop-up menu and file navigator. Select the presets you want to load and click “Open.” You can load multiple presets at once by pressing the “Ctrl” key down while clicking on each preset you want to load.
Step 7- Develop your photos using your new presets. Continue to modify photos after applying a preset until you’re satisfied with the outcome. This information can be found here.
Having trouble opening the download?
1. If you are having problems unzipping the files. Please download WinRAR. This program will help you unzip the presets and it is a free download.
Mac users click here.
2. Trying to locate your files?
Remember that you will need to put the presets in the ACR settings file. This file can be found below depending on your operating system.
Windows Vista users: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings
Windows XP users:C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings
Mac users: Macintosh HD/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRawFolder/Settings
3. Once you have found your settings folder you can either select all of the actions and copy them or cut them and then paste them into the appropriate folder. Or drag and drop them. Then open ACR and Viola! They should be in your preset window (last tab).
For Mac users, the settings folder can usually be found in your User Library.
4. If you are still having problems. Make a setting in ACR and name it something unique. Then do a search for that name.xmp. The folder that it pulls that xmp file up in is the settings folder for ACR and that’s where you’ll install your presets.